Friday, December 02, 2005

Love Letter


I hold this letter in my hand
A plea, a petition, a kind of prayer
I hope it does as I have planned
Losing her again is more than I can bear

I kiss the cold, white envelope
I press my lips against her name
Two hundred words. We live in hope
The sky hangs heavy with rain

Love Letter / Go get her /
Love Letter / Go tell her

A wicked wind whips up the hill
A handful of hopeful words
I love her and I always will

Love Letter / Go get her /
Love Letter / Go tell her

Rain your kisses down upon me
Rain your kisses down in storms
And for all who`ll come before me
In your slowly fading forms

I`m going out of my mind
Will leave me standing in
The rain with a letter and a prayer
Whispered on the wind

Come back to me
O baby please come back to me

No comments: