Wednesday, February 21, 2007

smoking sucks


i don't know why but each day i am becoming less tolerant to smoke and smokers. and it is despite the fact that my father used to smoke for 20 yrs and one of grandfathers died due to effect of longterm smoking...

working at the moment in Spain i realize what a great idea is to ban smoking in the public spaces... research shows that in 2007 about 100.000 people will quit smoking in Lithuania. amazing. and they will quit not because they will die but due to stricter rules and more inconvenience for smokers. This will also show, that smoking not cool and not supported by community.
stop smoking before it stops you!

2 comments:

Everydayetterbeekoise said...

100% agree. in Estonia they ban it also from June. Just perfect. I hope one time Germany gets that far as well, makes me sick to see all the kids smoking at schools and to work in an office full of disgusting smoke.

Go better smelling Europe..:-D

Michal said...

I couldn't agree more. It's high time we (Poland) took a great lesson from Lithuania and change tobacco law. Now I can't even relax properly after hard week, cause after few hours of sitting in pub I stink as hell. My hair, shirt, everything. Even waiting for a bus is a fight against me and smokers.

There should be some changes made on European level as well as on national levels. The common European policy would be a good way to fight against smoking.